Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Week 7 -- Surreal Submission






Hello all!




Can't believe how much fun this surrealistic painting was! I found myself over thinking each of my "canvases" with a lot of repetition, "Path to Enlightenment" for example, but then I created "Dragonfly n' Feathers" and "simple" was achieved!




I also had trouble in sizing my work (not quite sure how to enlarge them)--never quite got the edit/copy/new/paste thing as I always got a message about saving it before I saw the final picture and I didn't want to do lose anything. But they're all there on my fotothing for your viewing pleasure: http://www.fotothing.com/melskigphoto/. I will be the first to admit they are "out there."




Had a great time with all of you and viewing your fabulous work! Not sure if I can join AR336 yet, but I'm going to try to swing it with my schedule. Hope to see you there too!

-Melanie


P.S.
Jerry, at 11:48pm this evening I was resizing all the windows I had open on my laptop and found the "SCAN" icon for my Epson on my desktop of all places. There was never a button on the machine that I could find so I gave up on completing the detail project with any more submissions. But there it was and I tried it and sure enough, it works--that's the test flag you see above--black background and all! I won't be able to fotothing anything until after midnight tomorrow night, but I will grab some flowers and try it if you say I should at this late date. I can however post the flower scans to the blog between 9pm-midnight. Let me know if the 4 pieces were enough. Thanks!

No comments: